Thursday, March 20, 2008

Flying East

Last night on the way down to Salt Lake, there was a big white bird that flew towards our vehicle. I thought, "Don't hit that bird R." Thinking about it afterwards, I think it was an owl. Don't know for sure, just a guess. It was a surprise when I saw it, so didn't look for markings or anything. It was very startling.

Okay, we were only fifty minutes late leaving the Salt Lake airport and that time was spent on the plane waiting. The wind was too much at Dulles, so we waited in SLC. It was nice to watch the sun rise over Margene's mountains and as it rose I thought of her. The mountains are really pretty with the sun shining on what's left of the snow. I will miss them when we come here permanently. I didn't get a picture, because I wasn't close enough to the window to get one.

While on the flight I was able to complete one toe up sock with the Railroad rib pattern. I only had to do about an inch and a half of cuff. The other sock is at the gusset increases and I hope to have it finished by the time we leave DC.

While here I would like to visit the local, to ES, yarn store which is Capital yarns. It is only 2.5 miles from where he lives. C says he wants to go also, because it is a major shopping area. I found Capital yarns through this website.

ES says we won't be here long enough to do everything that is on our lists to do. Saturday there should be some pictures.

Happy knitting & spinning.

No comments: