Saturday, April 19, 2008

Spinners Saturday

I have to show the latest in the baby sweaters. This one is going to my boss's new grandson. I really like how it turned out. I used a little over one skein of Lion Brand Wool-ease and most of a skein of Knitpicks sock yarn. The colors worked so well together that I am half-tempted to use the same yarn to make a sweater for the new grand-baby due in July. If I find just the right pattern, I might just do it.


The spinners group met today. It was good to go chat, eat and see what everyone is doing. I am amazed at how accomplished our group is. See the blue sock at the left side of the picture? Carol is showing us how she darns. She passed the sock around when the darning was completed and everyone was examining it. You couldn't hardly see where she had been working!

I have been busy knitting on my silk challenge. The first repeat is done and I am almost finished with the second repeat. I like how it is working up. I think this project will be one that will be worn and worn. At least, I hope that will be the case.

I also started a new spinning project. I am working on two pounds of fiber from the Copper Moose which I ordered in January 2007. I ordered this fiber after reading about it on the Knitter's Review. I am anxious to see how it will turn out. It is called "Confetti" and has a cream base with multi-colored bits throughout.

After spinners I took M down to live with her mother for a while. She thinks she can get a better job in SLC and there is more public transport there than there is here. She doesn't have the money to buy a car and neither do ES and I, with the move and everything. I think she will be happy there. There is a lot more to do and she will be closer to her twin, A-g.

If I hurry, I might have time to work on my challenge before I really get tired and need to go to sleep.

Happy knitting & spinning.

No comments: