Saturday, June 23, 2007

New Fiber

Again, no pictures. Sorry!

Today I am starting to spin on "Dolly" the fiber from Wasatch Watercolours called "Angels Landing". It is oranges, reds, pinks, and white. Definitely, colors out of my comfort level. It is BFL which I have wanted to spin since reading so much about it on other blogs and in Knitter's Review. So far, it is spinning up nicely. I will only get a little bit of time to spin today. Have to get ready for the "Sister's Retreat".

I have plied and wound onto the niddy noddy the Crosspatch Creations Stone Soup "Iced Lemon & Lime." The 4 oz. I had, spun up really nice. It will look nice as a scarf for a friend for Christmas. This is the second time I have spun some of Joan's fibers and I really like it. The first time I spun it on a drop spindle and its not all spun yet. I am actually still working on that, occasionally.

I have thrums in Mocha from Spinderella's Creations, on the Scholar. I had 8 oz. to spin and only have about 2 oz. left. I have two "full" bobbins and am halfway thru the third bobbin. I will get pictures when I am done! I started spinning this about the 1st of June and should be done in about another two weeks, because of being gone next week.

Well, back to spinning. Happy knitting & spinning.

No comments: