Monday, August 11, 2008

We Have Arrived

We arrived in Fairfax last Wednesday afternoon. What a long drive! But also pretty fun. We stayed two nights with my sister and family in Minnesota, stayed a night with my SIL and family in Indiana and while there got to experience a tornado warning, lots of wind and about 10,000 lightening strikes in an hour. "C" and I also went to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and took a tour of the track and wandered around there for a few hours. We both had a lot of fun there and "C" picked up some memorabilia.

Tomorrow, we will actually be able to move into our new townhouse. I am so excited to be back in our 'own' place. I have a general knowledge of where I want most of the stuff to go, but it will be better once things are in place, I think. The plants all looked like they survived the move, although I haven't taken them out of their moving tubs yet. I did have to transplant the aloe while at my sister's. It looked as if it had gotten sun-burnt so I transplanted the little ones and rearranged the tub placement in the car and it seems to have survived so far.

"ES's" favorite place to check out is the local library. A library card is one of the first things he got when he moved here. A couple of days ago we went and I picked up a couple of knitting books to read in my spare time. Surprise, surprise!

In the past few days I have even been able to get some spinning done with the drop spindles I brought with me. It felt good to spend even a little time participating in my favorite hobbies.

Happy knitting & spinning.

1 comment:

LDSVenus said...

I know you are truely happy to have the packing and driving part of the move behind you and after you are officially in your new home the unpacking will begin. But at least you can unpack a little more leasurely, just when you need something will it be a bit more pressing :P. I will look forward to your pictures.