Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Contrails and Socks

Saturday, on my way home from work, I was fascinated with the jet contrails that I kept seeing all over the sky. There were so many airplanes coming and going that day and the sky was just perfect for seeing all the flight plans. Yes, it doesn't take much to amuse me! Besides, watching the sky made the drive home along 495 and 267 go much faster. There wasn't the traffic there on Saturday that's there on Thursdays, so I had a little more time to watch the sky. Besides, the drive can get long and boring if I don't keep myself entertained somehow or another, even if the drive is only 35 minutes on a good day.


There has been knitting! I finished this pair of socks which I thought would be for me. After having completed 11 pair of socks last year, that I gave away at Christmas, I thought it was time for a pair for me. That didn't last long. I found out that one of the pharmacists that I work with was leaving yesterday. I knew she was leaving, but thought I had another week until she actually left. Anywho--I presented her with this pair. She wears a half size smaller shoe than I do and these were just a hair short on me. So the perfect gift.

The ultimate compliment - She wore them to work yesterday on her last day of work and they fit her just right!

I have been working on other knitting also, but haven't done much to show. I have been working every day and haven't had a lot of "me" time. I have been sitting at one of the spinning wheels most mornings for at least ten minutes. Last week I didn't get much spun on the Scholar. This week has had more progress. This week's spinning wheel is the Lendrum and I spin much faster on this wheel.

Well, time to pick up "C" from Seminary and take him to school.

Happy knitting and spinning.

1 comment:

LDSVenus said...

I know what you mean about not taking much to amuse you, same here ;) hehe.

The socks look cool. My son is working on a pair as his third project, I'll try to sneak a picture when he's at work so I can post it. Probably post on Saturday afternoon. This is going to be a very busy week end for me.

I use to walk around the church parking lot for exercize while the kids were in seminary so I didn't have to drive home and then come back and pick them up. Worked real well until they called me to teach seminary. hmmmm.