Thursday, April 23, 2009

Amaryllis and a Shawl

Things have been busy around here, just like it is every where. I have been knitting and watching the flowers bloom.

The shawl is the Forest Canopy shawl and I should have blocked pictures in the next week or so. I ended up using 349 yards out of the 350 yards that I had. The shawl is a little small, but will fit the intended recipient nicely, I believe. I really enjoyed making this shawl and am looking forward to using it again in other shawls I make.

I have also been busy with baby knits. I should have a picture or two to show before very long. They are a pretty quick knit, the BSJs.

To close, I'll leave you with a picture of the amaryllis blooming. It had four blossoms on it, but became too top heavy and ended up leaning against the wall. I can't get a good picture now and the blooms are starting to fade pretty quickly.

Happy knitting & spinning.

3 comments:

Anita said...

I think the amaryllis is still very beautiful. The shawl too for that matter.

LDSVenus said...

The shawl looks great! I'm excited to see it blocked. Is there a link to the pattern or book it comes in?

You are right I think it's busy everywhere!!! My job is going to be very stressful I can tell, the work load is tremendous!!! If I work out there, even if I don't get hired on perm, they are looking at maybe up to 6 to 8 months temp.

My new website is set up and looks a lot different. I'm still learning how to get around in word press. my new web addy is the same minus the /Knit-Wit. The link now works right on my little site here on blogger.

AlisonH said...

It's gorgeous! They do lean towards the light quickly, especially indoors ones. I've found that if you end up clipping the stem and putting them in water with a little sugar added for energy, they last just as long there as they do on attached to the bulb.