Friday, May 8, 2009

MS&W and Other Ramblings

I was going to put pictures of the Maryland Sheep and Wool festival up, but for some reason I can't get the computer to download the pictures!!

It has been a long time since posting and the time just seems to get faster and faster with no reprieve in sight.

MS&W was fun. It was good to be among the fiber festivals again. Liz and her husband picked me up early and we headed up I495. It was a really pretty drive and we didn't get lost. Although at one time we wondered if we were on the right road, but we came around a corner and there was a line of cars miles long. We were in the right spot! For my Idaho friends, the fairground is similar to the Eastern Idaho fairgrounds at the animal section. The big white building at East Idaho is the same size as the animal buildings, plural, here. The rain held off for most of the day, we did have a little early on. I'll post the pictures from there, when I get ES to figure out what I've done to the picture reader.

MS&W wasn't the only thing happening this past weekend. ES ran a half marathon in Frederick MD on Sunday. We left the house about 5 am to get him there in time! He ran his personal best at 2:33. He came in about four minutes before the first marathon runner and I thought that was really, really good. I'll have pictures of that also, if you want.

I have spent the week, for my spinning time, with the Lendrum doing a lot of plying. So far I have plied six bobbins worth of stuff. I am ready to be spinning other fiber on a couple of wheels now, the Lendrum and the Hitchiker. By the way, at MS&W I was able to see and test Merlin Tree's new wheel, the Roadbug. I am seriously thinking about that as a double treadle! I'll have to save my pennies until next year though.

Well, until next time--with pictures-- Happy knitting and spinning.

No comments: