Monday, April 26, 2010
Left Over Dye
This morning I did an over-dye experiment with a piece of clothing. I had left over dye and couldn't waste it, so I found some white roving and wound it into a ball. I then put it in the dye crock-pot until it took up all the dye. The outside is darker and the inside lighter. I am waiting for it to dry so I can spin it on one of the drop spindles. There isn't much there, only about two ounces. I think I like how it turned out, but will have to wait until it is spun to say for sure.
I am enjoying my day off, in case you can't tell. Happy knitting and spinning.