Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Things I've Never Done


I have never flown over any ocean before, but at the end of last month I was able to spend some time in England with my mom, her sister (my aunt) and one of my sisters. I have never spent any length of time on a boat especially one that you sleep on, but got the chance to do this also. I also had never ridden on a train, but got the chance to do that two times while there.

Now that I finally have the pictures off the camera, I can share some of the fun things we saw and did. The first picture is the narrow long-boat where we spent the first seven days of our trip. This boat worked out really well for us. It is made for six people, but with there only being four of us it gave us all a little room and not too crowded. This boat reminded me a lot of a camp trailer and the times my parents used to take us camping while we were growing up. We started from Market Harborough and meandered down the canal for a few days and then returned. We then spent the next four days in and around London. I won't show you all the pictures--I took 636!!--but a few of my favorites will work there way onto here.

I did take some knitting along and will show you at the end of this narration what I worked on. It's now almost done. I'm working on the bind off.

Happy knitting and spinning.

2 comments:

Anewskip said...

I am so glad that you had a wonderful time with your family.

LDSVenus said...

I'm jealous that you got to go to England, how awesome!! Glad you had a wonderful time :).