Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New Old Yarn

I have to share pictures of the yarn I got from my Aunt Melanie. Remember the yarn for the BSJs which was from my grandma's stash? Well, I got that stash because Aunt Melanie took all the acrylic yarn and I got all the wool yarn. She took the acrylic because she was making baby toys at the time. When I spent the night at their house a week ago, we talked about the BSJs and the yarn. Aunt Melanie said she had some yarn for me. I thought it was more of Grandma's yarn. This was not yarn from Grandma.

While Uncle Gerry was in the Navy, they were stationed in Saudi Arbia during the 1980's. Aunt Melanie didn't have much to do so she spent quite a bit of time shopping. Well, during some rearranging she came upon these skiens of yarn which she bought there and knew she wouldn't use. I was the lucky receipient of said yarn!

The pink is Pinguin- fleur de laine made in Brazil with 182 yards. I don't know for sure what I will do with it, but I think it would make good colorwork mittens with some handspun that I have.

The purply brown is Jaeger 3 ply wool pure botany. They are six skiens of 25 grams each. I don't know the yardage, but will probably measure one skien out for a guestimation. Like the pink, I have no clue what I will do with it, but it is fun to imagine.

My sweater isn't blocked yet, so no pictures of that. It will happen sometime soon, I hope. It's back to work usual hours next week, so there is only this week to get some projects done and that is one of them.

This afternoon C and I are meeting ES in DC and heading to the National Geographic Museum. ES will spend the whole time in the Terra Cotta Warrior exhibit I am sure, C will hurry and get through looking at everything and then want to go home. Me, I will take my time and enjoy! I'll let you know what we think of the exhibits.

In the meantime, happy knitting and spinning.

1 comment:

LDSVenus said...

That looks like some nice yarn, maybe a shrug for those cold winter days?

How cool to get to go to the National Geographic Museum!! I hope you took pictures and will post those :).