Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

Carole's Ten on Tuesday list is 10 Books on Your Summer Reading List. Seeing as how I joined the group I better post my list, although it may not be ten long. I don't seem to get much reading done lately. The list:
  1. The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman. This book has been sitting on my bookshelf for four years and this year is the year to read it.
  2. Folk Shawls by Cheryl Oberle. I have checked this book out of the library, but recently received it from Interweave's Hurt Book sale. It's time to reread it and make the Wool Peddler's shawl.
  3. The Secret by Rhonda Byrne. I started this a couple of years ago, but it got put down for some reason. Time to get it read.
  4. The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan. I've read the first three and really enjoyed them. I need to read this one and The Last Olympian (as soon as it comes out in paperback).
  5. It's All too Much by Peter Walsh. There is too much stuff in my house and I'm hoping this book will help me get organized.
  6. The Book of Mormon. I have taken the challenge to have this read by the time the kids start school in the Fall.
The rest of my Summer reading will probably be magazines. There is a time issue, work issue, knitting issue, and spinning issue which contribute to how much time I spend reading.

I used to love to read, so I am looking forward to some of the suggestions on this weeks list. Maybe they will motivate me to read some more. What's on your reading list??

2 comments:

Anita said...

I just read the first two books in the Hunger Games series. Very good read, although the whole idea that the plot works with is horrifying. I've already pre-ordered the third book even though I only borrowed the first two!

LDSVenus said...

I'll join you on reading the Book of Mormon by Fall, how many chapters do we need to read a day? I have that shawl book too, wish I was motivated to make one of them. I may check out the last Harry Potter book and read it again before the movie is released in November.