Monday, September 15, 2008

Spinning is Happening

Spinning is happening again. I couldn't stand it anymore and dug out some fiber I ordered from Zarzuela just before leaving Idaho Falls. It is in the Thinking of Fall color which I don't see on her etsy shop right now. It spun up really fast and beautifully, I think. This skein ended up with about 160 yards of navajo plied fiber. I am thinking of making a cowl with this, but my mind could be swayed in other directions.


These are just my colors.


I couldn't let the Lendrum stay empty for very long. So the same day I plied Thinking of Fall I rummaged around in the stash. I started spinning this fiber which is five ounces of a merino/columbia blend. I bought this blend at the Idaho Falls fiber festival in 2007 from the Going to the Sun Fiber Mill vendor. It is spinning up very nicely, but has a little bit of a greasy feel to the fiber. It has been prepared as a pencil roving which is very nice as I don't have to do very much pre-drafting. I already have one of the three bumps spun and just need to take some time daily to do some more spinning. It has felt good to be doing some spinning daily again.

Happy knitting & spinning.

2 comments:

A. Kerr said...

I think you got me attached. Anyway, nicely done. I love that color too. Love ya!

LDSVenus said...

Your spinning is soooo good!! I gotta learn how to do the navajo ply. I've seen some videos on youtube, but it's not quite the same as really watching someone right next to you. I'm still working on the sport weight for my grand daughthers hat. I'm almost 1/2 way spinning it. Since the weather has settled down so much, I really need to on Wed sit out on my porch and spin. Too much to do tomorrow to spin. sigh. Started my packing, kinda sorta ;P.