Monday, October 6, 2008

DC Last Friday

There has been a lot going on these past few days. There might be enough to keep me going with blog fodder for a day or two. On Friday "A-b" and I headed into DC so that "A-b" could be introduced to ES's co-workers. The other purpose behind the trip was so that father and son could spend some time together in our new area of residence. "A-b" and I wandered around the Jim Henson exhibit and then met ES for lunch and a walk through the moon garden. This hibiscus picture was taken there.

After lunch father and son went to the American Indian museum and I got to visit my favorite place, so far, in DC-The botanical gardens. That is where this yellow flower picture was taken. It was so nice to just wander. I didn't have to worry about where anyone was. I could just sit and look and relax all I wanted to. There were more begonias this time than the last time I went. There are so many different varieties and I keep thinking I would like that plant at home. But then ES is glad I don't have them all at home.

I finished one spinning project and started another. This fiber on the Lendrum is from Judy's Novelty Wool in the Spring Fling color. I picked it up at the Idaho Falls Fiber Fair this past May. Imagine that, spinning a fiber the same year I bought it! It's a good thing to spin this, as I bought more fiber this past Saturday. But, more on that in another post. This bobbin is now almost completely full. And it holds almost one complete 4 oz bump of this fiber. I have two bumps of 4 ozs for spinning. I really like how the colors are coming out.

Well, off to plan the sight seeing trip for "A-b" today. If you haven't already, go back to this post and guess how many socks I'll get done in Socktoberfest. You could get some sock yarn if you guess correctly.

Happy knitting & spinning.

1 comment:

LDSVenus said...

The garden is beautiful. Going anywhere without children when you want to look and wander is the best choice. For the most part like yours, mine got bored quickly and wanted to go home when I was just getting started looking. sigh. Tho my 2nd son actually now enjoys going to see the quilt shows with me. :)