Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Can You Hear Me Now????

There hasn't been a lot going on around here. We did go yesterday to get "C" a new phone. His quit working about a week ago and it was time that I could get a new one, so I did. I got a newer version of my old phone, but this one is in purple. "C" now gets to use my old phone which is pink. He doesn't like that too much, but if he wants a phone he has to go with it!


I have spent quite a bit of time lately looking out the front window. I have enjoyed watching the birds land in the tree right outside. It has given me something to watch as I have sat at the spinning wheel for my ten minutes a day spinning time. During my ten minutes daily I have been able to spin a number of fibers from the stash. I latest has just been washed and when its dry I'll take pictures to post. Now to go stash diving again for something else to spin on the Lendrum.

"A-b" will be here this evening for a ten day stay. He is out of school for spud harvest and hasn't been out here yet. He is flying by himself, don't know how that will go over-but will find out tonight. We have trips to DC planned and battlefield to visit. Don't know how much we will do, we have to save some stuff for his next visit. ES will be working so the sight-seeing will just be the two of us. "C" will be in school daily, so he can't come.

I started a new sock for Sockotberfest. I kind of want to see how many pair I can get done during this month. Anyone care to guess how many I can get done in October? Remember, I am taking a trip back to IF for ten days! I will send sock yarn to the one how guesses the closest. Okay, if it's one of my family members ( I know you don't knit!) I'll send you a pair of socks.

Well, today I will become an official Virginia resident and get my Virginia driver's license. So off to accomplish this.

Happy knitting & spinning.

3 comments:

Anita said...

I haven't the faintest idea how many you could get done since I don't know how long it usually takes to do a pair of socks. Besides that, you just gave me a pair in August (which I am very much enjoying - at least when I can find them). Logan likes to take them and wear them on his hands. Same with any pair of shoes he can get a hold of. Are you driving back for the wedding?

A. Kerr said...

I bet you'll get 4 pairs done this month. Good luck!

LDSVenus said...

Don't forget to register to vote too!!! I'll guess 5 pair, I know you knit them fairly quickly :P.

I was sooo lazy today, didn't pack, didn't knit, didn't spin, have a little bit of a sore throat and a little headache, so I sat on the couch and watched TV and read my email. Gotta get something done tomorrow, even if I don't feel like it.

Ran out of dishwashing detergent, so now I have to wash the dishes my hand, but that is ok, I figured if I wash them out as I use them and not leave them in the sink for a few days :P, We are soooo spoiled :P.

I look forward to the picks of your newly spun yarn :).