Sunday, November 30, 2008

Random

I thought I had downloaded new pictures, but I guess not. So no pictures today. I guess it will be a random post.

I have finished the knitting on the November sweater. I haven't blocked it yet or done the embroidery which I want to do. I think I will get those done when the Christmas knitting is done. I think it counts if I got all the knitting done during the month. Besides it then gives me something to look forward to when I'm done with Christmas knitting.

We are busy working here on plans for the church party which is to be held this next Saturday. I have been busy getting people to volunteer to bring salads and bake potatoes. We are planning for 150 people and I've never done a dinner for that many people. I am also not very good at delegating jobs to other people. I am a control freak, I guess. After next Saturday, I might have a meltdown.

My Christmas cactus is closer to blooming! I even have buds on my second cactus. I look forward to them blooming every time they do.

I am looking forward to knitting a new shawl after the first of the year. I would like to make shawls for all the women in my family. That will be quite a few. This will be my new challenge this new year.

Thanks for reading. Happy knitting & spinning.

2 comments:

Anita said...

One thing we are doing for our ward Christmas party/dinner is a sign up sheet by last name. The activities coordinator has sent around sheets not for people to sign up but to tell them what to bring. For instance, those with a last name that starts with A-F bring a dessert. G-L bring a salad, etc. I've heard several people make the comment that they like not having to decide what kind of food to sign up for and bring. It's nice to have it narrowed down more. That may be something you might want to try for a later activity.

LDSVenus said...

Being in charge of anything is hard! :P I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers so you will feel the peace of the Spirit while you perform this service for the ward :).

I'm trying to make myself spin and knit, I am knitting on the invisibility shawl at night but my son keeps his heat down to 62 in the day so I spend it huddled under a blanket on the couch and watch some TV when I am home, a little hard to knit or spin that way :P.