Saturday, November 1, 2008

Sorry it's been so long


I can't believe it has been about three weeks from my last post. I have a lot of pictures to share of the wedding and the trip to IF. But those pictures are on the camera which is upstairs and you know--I'm lazy and don't want to go get it or I won't get this done today.

I started the November sweater challenge. I have a basic pattern that I am kind of following, but I have to make some changes and make the sweater my own. I am using the skein that Catherine sent me as an accent and I really like how it is turning out so far. The main color is some 100% Galway yarn color #106 that I have had in my stash for over four years. Yesterday, I almost bought some Lion brand wool yarn which is on sale at Michaels. But I talked myself out of it and am really glad that I did, because I like the way the yarn I have is coming out so far.

Even though the link is from 2006, I know there are quite a few people doing the challenge this year. I see a lot about it on the different blogs I read.

I haven't gotten as many socks done during the month of October as I had hoped to get done. I still have a number of socks to finish before very long. There are too many un-paired socks on the needles, to let it just drop. But, I am getting tired of socks, just to let you know.

I bought some fun yarn while in Idaho. It is yarn I have never heard of before, but then I am finding that I haven't heard of a lot of yarns. I'll get pictures in the daylight tomorrow and share with you then.

Ok, I think I'm done rambling now. I will get my act together and be a little more consistant with my posting from now until the end of the year. After that, who knows.

Happy knitting & spinning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty, pretty yarn.

I'll start my sweater as soon as my needles get here. Which will hopefully be by the end of the week.

I only finished 2 pairs of socks in October, so don't feel too bad. You always need something to do at Knit Night.

Anita said...

I'm so glad that you're back!!!

LDSVenus said...

Well I understand about the time slipping away. I am packing but the time slips by faster than I can pack ;P. I should be done before my kids get here, but it's that darn sorting that is taking so long :P.