Sunday, November 9, 2008

Wedding Shawl Pictures

Yesterday, Sheryl and I headed to Baltimore to the Stitches East market. It was a very fun day. We spent a number of hours in the market wandering around and looking at all the fun sweaters, shawls, fiber, yarn and books. We both bought plenty of everything. I'll show pictures in the next couple of days or so. The best part for me, was sitting at the same table as Alison and getting her to sign my book. She had three friends with her and all of them had on shawls that Alison had made. It was a memory I hope to remember for a while.

Speaking of shawls, I thought I would show you my Adamas shawl that I made to wear to the kids wedding reception.
Here it is blocking and then with me wearing it that night. I wore the shawl tied behind me, because I didn't own a shawl pin at that time. It is a fun shawl and turned out really well, in my opinion. But then I like all my shawls.

(If you click on the picture, it should make it bigger so you can see the pattern.)

My sweater is progressing, as are the socks currently in progress. I am working at least four rows a day on the sweater and will spend more time on it in the next day or two. After attending Stitches, there are so many things I want to make and spin. Now there definitely isn't enough time in the day.

Happy knitting & spinning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was wonderful to get to meet you! Thank you!

LDSVenus said...

Wow, it is beautiful!! You did a great job on it. Looks like the wedding was fun. I'm still packing and not having a lot of fun :P.