Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Buzzards in Virginia?


This was the weirdest sight today. I was taking "C" to young mens, a church organization, and saw this bird. It looked like a buzzard of some kind and it was eating road kill! After dropping "C" and a friend off, I drove back the same way to see if it was still there and it was. I got this picture with my cellphone then, I didn't think I had my digital camera with me, so the picture isn't too good. "C" wouldn't take the picture when we were heading down the road together, so I HAD to go back. When I first saw the bird it was in the middle of the road stopping traffic. When I went back, it had moved the road kill to where you see the bird now. I sat a watched for about five minutes and then had to head home.

I have to wish ES a Happy Birthday. He turns 50 years old today! I asked if he felt old and he said he didn't yet, but he's sure that will come in about 20 years or so.

1 comment:

Anita said...

A buzzard is not something I would want to see while driving down the road. You always imagine them as birds that you see soaring in circles out in the middle of the desert, not suburban Virginia.