Friday, August 20, 2010

Spinning Update

I have been spinning, but definitely not dusting. My self imposed spinning for ten minutes on a couple of wheels a day is going fairly well. The first picture is the second two ounces of Yarn Pirates Heart of Gold fiber. This fiber has been my main focus when sitting down to spin each day. It is being spun on the Traditional and shouldn't be too much longer until I will be plying it. I am pretty sure it will be a two-ply for a shawl. Shawls are becoming addictive and I don't have to worry too much about gauge if I start top down.

The Scholar is being used to spin the Crosspatch Fibers which I bought in Logan. I really like how it is turning out. I like the nubbies of the silk noil and all the sheen of the silk that is carded in with the wool. I don't know for sure what I will make with this yarn, but I am sure it will be pretty.

Not much else is going on around here, although ES and I celebrated our anniversary last Friday with a special meal out. It was very good, but I don't think we will do it again anytime soon. There was so much food. Neither one of us slept really well that night.

Well, off to get ready for work. Enjoy your weekend. Happy knitting and spinning.

2 comments:

Anita said...

Love the colors and man does that restaurant sound good! I'm saying that even as I'm absolutely stuffed from just having gone to Token BBQ and the kids talked us into Coldstone on our way home. I'm so full!

LDSVenus said...

Your spinning is very nice! I need to get more string for my traveller. I noticed you have red string on your traditional? I am wondering if the bands like you have on your scholar would work on the ashfords? Otherwise I need to change strings going from one ratio to another.

I love knitting shawls, yes they are very addictive ;P.