Sunday, September 9, 2007

Only two years

This weekend I was able to finish washing a fleece that I bought only two years ago at Knowlton's spring wool-trek. The fleece is multi colored gray (champagne) which is really pretty. I haven't decided what to do with this, but I am getting anxious to start doing some carding and some spinning. Besides I need a project for the Hitchiker as I am almost done spinning the Sea-foam color way.

Just for you Lyn, I made "C" wear his beanie so I could get a picture. The yarn is some dark acrylic camouflage that I picked up in Minnesota at Hobby Lobby when "ES" and I were there in February.
The pattern is a basic K2, P2 ribbing over 68 stitches for 4-5 inches and then decreases starting about every 8 stitches every other row until down to about eight stitches and then pull yarn through loops and tighten up the top. "C" likes wearing the hat with the purl side out. For some reason that side is best for him. I'll try and get a better picture of the beanie when he isn't wearing it and it is daylight.

Well, that's all for now. Happy knitting and spinning!

No comments: