Tuesday, September 25, 2007

So many things


There has been a lot happening around here lately. First a picture of the "haul" from only an hour of shopping at the Great Basin fiber fair. The green and pink on the left is from here.
The color doesn't show up too well on the photo, but I think it is really pretty. The purple in the middle is a corriedale cross from Rumpelstiltskin's in Logan UT. This fiber is spinning up very nicely on the drop spindle I got from Greensleeves.
The fiber on the right is from Judy's Novelty Wool in the Macaw color-way. I really liked this when I saw it at the Idaho Falls fiber fair and so I got some now.

On Saturday the fiber guild from Pocatello came for our monthly meeting. Some of the pictures didn't turn out. I'm sorry ladies!

We had lots of good conversations, touchy feely experiences, new books to look through and covet, great food and an excursion to the LYS Yarn Connection after the group split up. We also stopped into the bead store across the street.







The weather started out sunny, so the sun-room started to get really warm. But then the clouds came up and made the room just right for the afternoon. Thanks weather for cooperating with our afternoon!















I have done some knitting this past week and have completed the socks for Jb. They are only size 12! Why does this child have to have such b-i-g feet. The color doesn't show up to well, imagine that! But it is a brown tweedy color which is really nice. I have enough left to use as
heels and toes on another pair of socks. Maybe I can use the left overs in the sock class I will start the first Saturday in October.

I do have another pair of Christmas stocking to get done. They will be for ES's second daughter, Ag, and here soon to be husband. They are getting married in about ten days and they may end up getting the stockings as an early Christmas present.

Well, enough of my ramblings for the night. Happy knitting and spinning!

No comments: