Friday, July 13, 2007

Busy Week

This has been a busy with with spinning and finishing up a project for a wedding gift. I finished the Mocha thrums from Spinderella. I really like how it turned out and think it will make nice mittens or wrist warmers and either a hat or scarf. I'm not sure on the yardage yet, haven't counted that.
I have also been busy spinning on the Hitchiker and the Lendrum. The Hitchiker has this "Seafoam" colorway. It is one of my own dying projects and I really like how it is turning out. It is mostly green with a little bit of yellow, light blue and white. I haven't decided what to do with it yet. "Seafoam" may just sit for a while in the stash. I have two full bobbin spun and still have a full gallon size ziplock of prepared fiber to spin.
The next bobbin is my first full bobbin of the "Angel's Landing" from Judy Jackson. I still like how it is turning out and am still playing with what to make from it.
I also completed a pair of Christmas stockings that are going to a newly married couple tonight. They turned out cute, although they are h-u-g-h. I alway seem to have a problem witht the gauge when I do these stockings out of acrylic yarn, I don't know why. I started another stocking to put in the wedding gift drawer. I don't want to have to hurry on the next pair.
Well, I have to get ready for work and the day. Happy knitting and spinning!

No comments: