Friday, July 6, 2007

Sister's Retreat

The week of June 25th thru the 30th was spent with my sisters, mom, and Aunt Gloria. We spent the week getting to know one another again. No kids (except for Anita's new baby) & no spouses. It was a great week! I even got some spinning done.

On the left is "the sisters" & Aunt Gloria getting ready to play Would You Rather. It was a fun time and I got some great pictures of Paula & Anita trying to do their "Would you rather" challenges.

On the right is the view of Bear Lake that we had from the balcony of the condo we stayed in. It was one of the first things I looked at in the morning.

While in Bear Lake, we went to Minnetonka Caves (www.bearlake.org/cavexplore.html). Sorry, I haven't learned how to post the website yet. So here's the website to go to to learn more. We also went into Logan and did some shopping. I got some new fiber from Rumplestiltskins and I am excited to spin it up.

I took the Hitchhiker with me to Bear Lake and got a bobbin of white spun and plied for the fiber guild's dye workshop in August. I also spun some of a batch I dyed a couple of months ago. The pictures of that bobbin are on the camera with ES in Island Park, so will get the pictures for that Saturday or Sunday.

It was a great week and I wish I could go do it again in another month or two. It was nice to be off work for awhile and not have to worry about kids and ES.

When we left Bear Lake we came home reloaded the car and headed to Island Park for a family reunion on ES's side of the family. Will write about that when I get the camera back from ES.

I'll leave you with a picture of one of the sunsets. They were kind of bland, but still pretty. My picture taking skills need a lot of improvement especially with the sunsets.

No comments: