Monday, July 9, 2007

Weekend fun


This past weekend has been a busy one with family and spinning. On Saturday night ES's sister, spouse and boys stayed the night. We stayed up late talking and playing. On Sunday morning as I was spinning, the boys were really interested in how the spinning wheel worked and what I was working on.

Not the best picture of the Scholar, I forgot to rotate it before posting the pic. Sorry. The picture does show three full bobbins of thrums from Lynn @ spinderellas. I think I am going to use this fiber for a Christmas present for ES's step-mom. I really like how it is turning out. I have one more bobbin to ply. I am using the "chained singles" or "Navajo plying" with this fiber.



Sorry, you can't see the fiber on the bobbins, but you do get a good look at the label. There is 8 oz. of Mocha thrums, 3 bobbins, not bad! I also worked more on the "Angel Landing", but not enough to warrant pictures yet.

Well, off to work. Happy knitting and spinning!

No comments: