Saturday, July 5, 2008

More Heritage Trip


Last week at this time, "R" and I had stopped in Shelby, Montana. There wasn't much there, but the hotel was nice and the food at the gas station diner filled us up. It was a nice and relaxing evening.

You may be wondering, why is there a picture of two trees? There used to be three trees and this is what we would look for when we were getting close to my father's parent's place. If you "enbiggen" the picture, you will see an eagle in the top of the dead pine tree. He was such a beautiful bird and he had a beautiful view of the Mission Valley. The mountains are gorgeous, the Bison Range was busy, and the Mission on this day was quiet. There were a couple of other visitors, but no noise. Just us.

I think when we were growing up, we only went to the Mission a couple of times. One time sticks out in my mind, I think because Grandma and Grandpa had come with us, so it must have been a special trip into town to see the Mission specifically.

Now for this week: "Au" and I attended the fireworks display last night. We went down to the river about 8 pm, so I took my knitting with me. You know, I only have two weeks to finish a pair of socks for the sos08 bi-weekly drawing. I have to have an incentive to get all these socks knit! While there, the LYS owner sat behind us and made the comment that I was even knitting there. I said, "Of course, I can't just sit!"

It had been a busy day with lots to do and heat to match the 4th. I think I ended up with a little bit of heat-stroke, so spent some time knitting quietly with the fan blowing on me and a drink at my hand. I even took a nap!

I will have knitting and spinning to show you in this coming week. There may even be a package or two coming in the mail. Don't read that part, ES.

Happy knitting and spinning.

2 comments:

LDSVenus said...

How cool that you caught the eagle in the tree :). It does sound like a wonderful trip that you had. I'm glad you were able to take it with your son. :)

Opal said...

beautiful pictures! keep on knitting. :)