Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Names are all on the Tablecloth

I have a finished project! Nothing exciting, just finished embroidering the names and year on the Thanksgiving tablecloth. No it doesn't look like Thanksgiving, but I had this tablecloth when I started this tradition and I didn't want to get a new one. I should count how many names are on there, but I haven't ever done that. I like the adding on of the names, but it takes me a long time to get them embroidered. I started the tablecloth tradition in 1999 so there are eight years of signatures. Some years there are only two or three names and other years there are ten or more.

I have also worked on my socks I'm knitting with Fixation. I actually like working with Fixation which I didn't think I would like. I might even make a pair for myself with some Fixation that I have in my stash (when I get it all unpacked). I'll get a picture of the first sock when I get it done. I am making this pair not in my usual manner. I am working them on double point needles cuff down one sock at a time! I don't do that very often because I end up with Second Sock Syndrome. I do most socks toe up so I can try them on as I go.

Today has been a busy social day also. I went to lunch with the Birthday lunch group. There was only one other lady that showed up. We had a good hour of talking and visiting. It was really fun and relaxing. Tonight my boss and his wife had a barbecue for all the pharmacy. It was a going away social because I leave in two weeks. The staff pharmacist also announced Friday that she was leaving the same day as me to take another job. Poor Alan! He's going to have two new hires to deal with.

This is the moving room today. I got more boxes packed last night and today. "Au" says it looks as if it is getting fuller and it is. I got quite a bit out of my bedroom and that room is finally looking as if I am moving. The kitchen has been attacked and most of the livingroom is done. Still a lot left to do and only two weeks to do it in!

Happy knitting & spinning.

1 comment:

LDSVenus said...

Very cool about your tablecloth, it will be something that will bring back many memories through the coming years. I'm glad you are finally seeing some accomplishment with all the packing you've been doing. Take heart, it's close to being done and then you can unpack :P.