Thursday, July 8, 2010

New Glasses


I don't do pictures very well, but thought I would share this one of me wearing my new glasses.

About a month ago, I decided I could not wear my old glasses anymore. The nose piece would not stay where it was supposed to and it kept digging into the bridge of my nose. That was it! The first pair of glasses were purchased in July 2008 before we moved to DC. It had been two years and I thought it was time to get my eyes checked again. My eye sight had definitely changed and a new set of glasses ordered. I've been wearing them now for about three weeks and really like them. They were not as hard to get adjusted to as the first pair and the best part is..........no nose piece.

On the knitting front, I finished the baby afghan for J-b and K's friends baby. By the way kids, I need their address. I will have a picture up in the next couple of days. It was too dark last night by the time I finished the bind off.

Concerning the AC, it is FIXED and working well. Am I ever glad to have that working again. Just to think I went over 40 years without any AC at all and to be without it for one whole day was agony. How did I ever survive without it before? Oh yeah, it was NOT humid where I lived for the first part of my life.

Happy knitting and spinning.

2 comments:

Anita said...

They look good! And, boy, do you and C sure look alike from that picture! I'm glad the AC if fixed!

LDSVenus said...

I too am glad you got the AC fixed!! Summer can be really not fun without it. Makes me wonder what people did before electricity to keep cool in the hot humid summers.

I love getting new glasses, you can actually see!!! I hated wearing them for a long time, but if I don't wear them now, I can't see much :P.