Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

Today's Ten on Tuesday topic: 10 Things you like about where you live. Having moved here only two years ago this month, there are still lots of things I'm learning about where we live. But here we go.......
  1. All the historical areas to visit. There is still a long list of places I would like to visit. I'm adding to it so when someone comes to visit we can go to new places.
  2. The Smithsonian. I should go downtown more often. Oh wait, I am going down on Friday.
  3. All the different restaurants to try out. I tried Cuban food for the first time today on an outing with my friend Sue. She said it was the best she's had since leaving Florida.
  4. I love all the trees. Which brings me to my favorite season
  5. I love Autumn out here. There is sooooooo much color and I'm an Autumn person.
  6. I really like having an Air Conditioner. We really could have used this when we lived in Idaho, but I'm glad I don't have to live without it here.
  7. Church and the friends I've made here.
  8. I love my job, just wish I didn't have to drive the beltway.
  9. Yarn shops. There are three or four within a ten mile distance from my house. I like visiting all of them. Sue and I visited three different fiber places just today all but one of them were new to me.
  10. I have to add - the Library. So many books to chose from!
I really have enjoyed living where we do. There are so many things to do and see, but most of all I like that I am with my husband and we get to do things together.

What are some things you like about where you live?
Happy knitting and spinning.

No comments: