- A book to read.
- Good hiking/walking shoes.
- A swimsuit for floating and wading in the river.
- A good flashlight for those evening walks when there aren't any streetlights around.
- My knitting!
- Favorite drinks. It's too far to the local store, you know.
- Dinner ingredients for our night to prepare dinner. We take turns preparing dinners.
- Spinning wheel. There is nothing better than sitting by the river and watching people wade, float, and fish while I get to spin.
- A comfy camp chair. I don't like sitting on the ground.
- My willingness to go with the flow. Just relax and enjoy the family time.
I am visiting the kids and grandkids this week and enjoying the chance to spend time with my family. I have completed a shawl project. It helped, in completing the shawl, that I had a flight delay on the way West. I will have pictures of the shawl when I get home and can use my own computer to download the pictures.
This week is my birthday and I'd like to do a contest for some hand spun yarn. Leave me a comment telling me what your favorite birthday memory is and I'll have a drawing for the yarn when I get home next Tuesday. I want to know what you remember about your birthdays. My favorite memory is having angel food cake, homemade by my Grandma Wheeler at her house, when I was about 10 years old. It was the best cake that I remember ever having.
Happy knitting and spinning.