Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

Today's topic is 10 Things to Bring on a Camping Trip which would be a lot easier to do if we actually went camping very often. The last time ES and I were camping in a tent was five years ago. Our camping involves going to the vacation spot and renting a hotel room. Given that fact here is what I brought on the last camping trip:
  1. A book to read.
  2. Good hiking/walking shoes.
  3. A swimsuit for floating and wading in the river.
  4. A good flashlight for those evening walks when there aren't any streetlights around.
  5. My knitting!
  6. Favorite drinks. It's too far to the local store, you know.
  7. Dinner ingredients for our night to prepare dinner. We take turns preparing dinners.
  8. Spinning wheel. There is nothing better than sitting by the river and watching people wade, float, and fish while I get to spin.
  9. A comfy camp chair. I don't like sitting on the ground.
  10. My willingness to go with the flow. Just relax and enjoy the family time.
What do you bring on a camping trip?

I am visiting the kids and grandkids this week and enjoying the chance to spend time with my family. I have completed a shawl project. It helped, in completing the shawl, that I had a flight delay on the way West. I will have pictures of the shawl when I get home and can use my own computer to download the pictures.

This week is my birthday and I'd like to do a contest for some hand spun yarn. Leave me a comment telling me what your favorite birthday memory is and I'll have a drawing for the yarn when I get home next Tuesday. I want to know what you remember about your birthdays. My favorite memory is having angel food cake, homemade by my Grandma Wheeler at her house, when I was about 10 years old. It was the best cake that I remember ever having.

Happy knitting and spinning.

No comments: