Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Lots of Spinning Done

So, I told you, I got a lot of spinning done at the Driggs retreat. I plied the reddish-pink. This is the stuff I dyed with the Tropical punch kool-aid. It has a lot of variations in the color and I think it turned out really well.





I still have one full bobbin and two partial bobbins to ply of the Tropical punch and then I will count how many yards of this I have to work with.






This yarn was spun and plied on Saturday. It went really fast. This skein was dyed with Easter egg dyes and was really fun to spin. I ended up with 173 yards. I haven't decided what to do with it yet, but it will be bright and colorful.





The purple is fiber I picked up at the Great Basin Fiber Fair. I got it from the Rumpelstiltskin's booth. I spun most of this up while waiting for Meg to finish knitting the cotton boys hat. I finished spinning it Sunday morning before heading home. I plied it last night while reading some blogs.

It was fun to see how much spinning I could get done. I even did some knitting while there. I was working on the hats for the Nursery kids and I did get one hat done while in Driggs. Maybe I can get the rest of the Tropical punch plied tonight, along with getting some laundry done.

Tomorrow or Friday maybe I can get some good pictures of the fiber I bought at the yarn store in Driggs.

Happy knitting & spinning.

No comments: