Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Peak Experience


This past week has just flown by. There has been so much happening and so many things to get done. I took the "Sock of the Month" class on Saturday. We used a Fiber Trends pattern: Peak Experience. The pattern is fairly easy and goes really quickly. I have both cuffs at about three inches in length. Tish told me, at the class, that it wasn't fair because I made this pattern look way too easy.

I thought I might keep this pair for myself. But, you know, Christmas is not very far off and I still need lots of gifts. With four kids each, a child's spouse, girlfriend/boyfriends, ES and myself it makes for quite a lot of shopping and/or knitting. And that list doesn't include parents and siblings.

The past few days, by the time I get done with work, I just want to sit and knit and relax for a while. Not much is getting done around the house. ES and I did make a commitment to get some boxes unpacked and gone through. We have lived in this house for four years and still haven't gone through them all. We spent an hour last night going through, throwing stuff out, getting rid of, and repacking. Some of the things I just can't get rid of yet.

This next weekend is the Pocatello fiber guild's yearly retreat to Driggs. I am so looking forward to spending some relaxing time spinning, knitting, and eating. We alway have an enjoyable time and I look forward to whatever time I can "steal" away. Maybe that is why this week seems to be going to s-l-o-w.

No comments: