Thursday, May 1, 2008

No Real Knitting to Show, Just Pictures

Okay, knitting content is non-existent right now! I am s-t-i-l-l working on the silk challenge, but I think I am coming to the end of my yarn in just a few more repeats. So I should be done with this knit soon. But the unveiling will have to wait until the challenge is over the end of May. I like to enjoy the suspense of seeing everything all at once. It makes it easier that I am in IF and not in Poky with the other members of the guild.

I have been busy spinning the Copper Moose fiber. I now have three full bobbins and am ready to start the fourth in the morning. I like how this is spinning up. I find myself watching the color blends more often than not. Because of this it's taking longer to read the blogs on bloglines every morning. But the spinning is going faster. I also have gone back to spinning the viscose I bought at SOAR in 1996 which has been sitting on a bobbin for about six months. After spinning the silk, I find the viscose not quite so hard to deal with. I only bought an ounce and have about 1/3 of it spun so far. I am hoping to have it finished a week from now or thereabouts.

I thought I would leave you with one of my favorite pictures taken at the beginning of the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC. ES's pictures turned out much better. He spends more time setting up for the pictures than I do. But I think the Washington Monument is framed very nicely in this picture. It's also interesting to note the different colors at certain levels of the Monument.

I do have to mention that C made dinner tonight. It was a Birds-Eye bagged dinner, but it smelled s-o-o-o good coming into the house after work tonight. The boys also talked me into ice cream, but that wasn't hard. Ice cream was going to hit the "spot" tonight.

I'm really looking forward the the Wool-Trek this weekend. I need to put the bench seat in the van just in case we have more people wanting to go to Cornish.

Happy knitting & spinning.

No comments: