Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Aren't Trips Fun

Seeing as how today was an on the go day a-l-l day, I thought I would show you a couple of pictures from our DC trip and the gardens at Colonial Williamsburg. This first picture is of a quilt that was done by a Smithsonian employee in their gallery there. (I think that if you click on the picture it will enlarge--I hope.) I thought the colors in the quilt were amazing and each of the blocks were so different. There were a number of things in this gallery that the boys and I liked. Some of the pictures are on ES's camera, so I can't share them with you.




The gardens at Colonial Williamsburg were so pretty. I loved the color of this Sweet William. I only wish I could grow them in my own garden, but for some reason they don't like me very much.

The tulips and daffodils were all out and made for some pretty colors. I was totally amazed at the vegetable garden. Things were growing so and they were already harvesting some things. The Master Gardener said that the peas would be coming on really soon and there were a few blossoms on the plants. I am looking forward to going back there and seeing the grounds in all different seasons.

Tomorrow, I might have knitting content to share. Can't guarantee it though, because I got a call tonight saying the other tech might not be there tomorrow. Her daughter is running a temp and not feeling well. It's a good thing the "wool trek" is this weekend!

Happy knitting & spinning.

No comments: