Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas Cactus

I have to show you all a picture of my Christmas cactus which is actually blooming at Christmas. I got a start of this cactus about 14 years ago from the wonderful woman who watched the two younger boys while I worked. It was actually a start from her Grandmother. This is the first year in that 14 years that it has bloomed. Last year there were a few blooms on it, but the kids and dog knocked the blooms off before they had a chance to blossom. This year just look at it! There are many blossoms and still lots of buds to open up. I like my other Christmas cactus's, but this one has a special meaning and to think that this year it is actually celebrating with us.


There is not much in the way of knitting. The tenth pair of fingerless mitts is done and ready to be wrapped. I only have one more pair to actually get done before Christmas and that pair is started. I am hoping to get them done before the weekend is over. I will do a few more pair after Christmas to give to special people, but I have told them I am not stressing it before Christmas.

ES officially gave his notice at the site. His last day will be January 3rd and then off to DC. His first day there is January 7th. The move is really happening and there is s-o-o-o much to accomplish in the next few months. ES has said that if he knew how fun it was to tell everyone he was leaving, he would have done it a lot sooner. Next Thursday they are planning a going away get together for him. I hope I get to attend, that's my late night to work. It will be quite an adjustment to not have ES right here with us, but we are strong and we will survive!

Happy knitting & spinning.

No comments: