Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Happy Birthday E

Not a lot of knitting was completed yesterday evening as there were many things going on. After work C had a Christmas choir concert to start the night off. That went for about an hour. This is only about half the choir as the other half was behind the audience for the first song. I was able to knit the cuff and up to the thumb of the second pink fingerless mitt. I couldn't go further on the mitt at the concert, because there was not enough light.

After the concert, ES and I took E and his girlfriend to dinner at Chuck-a-Rama. Then back home for birthday cake. It was 22 years ago yesterday that he entered this world. It's hard to believe that that much time has passed. It seems like just a couple of years ago that I was chasing after a toddler, attending grade school plays and field trips, breaking up fights between the brothers, and generally feeling exhausted trying to keep up with him. I am proud of the young man he has become and is striving to still become. (He still makes me tired!)

This morning I was able to attend the knitting group at the LYS. While there I finished the pink mitts. I was only there for about half an hour, but it was fun to catch up with all the ladies there. I don't get to attend as frequently as I would like to. Something with having to make a living gets in the way. I like my job, don't get me wrong. But I like knitting more.

Tomorrow R gets his wisdom teeth out. I don't know how good of a patient he will be for the next couple of days. Usually, he just wants to sleep when he's not feeling well. It will be interesting to see how he reacts to this his first surgery. While he is in getting his teeth pulled, I will have some time to work on the ninth pair of fingerless mitts. Only two more pair to go, for sure. But who knows if another pair doesn't get added before it's all said and done.

Happy knitting & spinning!

No comments: