Monday, March 10, 2008

Another Finish Baby Sweater


This is the latest project. Are you tired of baby sweaters yet? I have one more to do for my boss's daughter's baby, due in a couple of weeks and then it will be baby sweaters for the grandbaby due the end of July.

This sweater worked up in under a week. It is the same pattern I used last time. The only modifications I made was to do six rows of garter stitch at the bottom of the sweater. I like how the front ended up with a pink and a blue side. It wasn't intentional but, it looks kind of cool I think. The back was not so defined by color. It worked up more variegated like the sleeves did.

I have three full bobbins of the superwash from the Sheep Shed spun and about half a bobbin of the silk spun. The silk is spinning up better than I thought it would, but I have yet to ply it. I still don't know if I actually like to spin silk. As Lyn told me, it is spinning up about how I spin most of my other fibers. I don't know if I actually like the color it turned out to be. It might make a difference when I have it plied.

Happy knitting & spinning.

No comments: