Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Saw the National Archives & the Hope Diamond today

I can't figure out how to use the picture downloads on ES' computer, so I will post pictures when I am home and comfortable with my own computer.

This after-evening the boys, ES, and I went to see the National Archives. We saw the Bill of Rights, the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. It was a v-e-r-y long wait and then when we got into the Rotunda, we had a man and his son keep crowding in and then taking f-o-r-e-v-e-r in asking the guards questions. He must have thought he was the only person in the place. It made the lady in front of me and myself v-e-r-y upset. I wanted to just go up and push him out of the way! But, of course, I didn't. Anyone who knows me, knows I wouldn't do that.

The boys and I also saw the Sackler Gallery and the Museum of Natural History. We even got to see the "Hope Diamond" and take pictures. That wasn't nearly as crowded as the National Archives. I could get lost in the Natural History Museum without any problems. When we finally get out here for real, I will spend a number of days in each of the museums without the boys. They were ready to leave way before I was almost all the time.

We may make one more trip downtown before going down on Saturday for the Cherry Blossom festival. Don't know for sure though.

While waiting at the National Archives, I finished my toe up Railroad Rib sock. When we got home tonight, I promptly started another sock. I'm glad I brought more yarn. Capital Yarns did not have much in the way of sock yarn, so I didn't buy anymore. I might check out some more yarn stores not too much further away than what the last one was, but don't know for sure.

Happy knitting & spinning.

No comments: