Sunday, March 2, 2008

Mini Vacation

ES surprised me with a night away from home. This was the view from the hotel window Friday night. It was very relaxing to spend some quality time with him without kids, work, and the responsibility he really came home to do. Even though we had lots of stuff to do on Saturday, Friday's time together made the weekend seem to go smoother.

This was the sunrise Saturday morning. I took this just after 7 am. I had to pick up R (only one car), so I was up and going anyway. Then I went back and enjoyed a leisurely breakfast with ES, before the rat-race started. I'm really glad ES thought to get us away for a night and spoil me. Our own mini vacation.


Saturday morning was the sock class. This is Debbie Bass, she is the designer of our sock this month and also the class teacher this month. She also is a dyer and spinner and has some lovely yarn upstairs in the LYS. One of these days I may even buy some instead of just drooling over it.

I thought I had a yarn that would work for this sock, but the more I looked at it the more I didn't like it. Instead I purchased this lovely peach shade of Opal. It shows up the pattern so much better than the original yarn would have. I have been enjoying working the pattern, but it is taking some concentration to follow the pattern. This may not be as quick a knit as last month's sock.

After the sock class, Kim and I went to lunch. It was nice to spend some time just talking without having to hurry to get somewhere or do something else. Kim, thanks for inviting me!

I finished spinning all of 'Dew on the Moab Desert' and it is all plied. I ended up with 1105 yards from what I thought was 12 ozs, but I really had 16 ozs. Do you think it will be enough for a pi shawl? I guess all I can do is try, right?

I also finished spinning all of the brown roving from Notlwonk Springs. I had a pound and a half which I spun. I don't know the yardage of this fiber yet, as I still have to ply the rest of it. I have a little over three bobbins to ply.

I also started spinning the fiber below. It was purchased at the Great Basin Fiber Fair this past September. It is from the Sheep Shed Studio. The colors don't show up very well. They are mostly greens and pinks and they are spinning up very nicely on the Hitchiker. Yep, you guessed it. It's the spinning project for under the computer desk and it is going fairly quickly. I do have about a pound and a half of this fiber also.

No comments: