Sunday, March 23, 2008

Washington Sites

Yesterday came and went too fast. I forgot that I was supposed to post yesterday. ES and I went and met a couple and their daughter. J-b had met them when he was in Richmond and they were in Washington DC yesterday. J-b wanted us to try and meet them and so we did. It was a pretty good experience.

On Friday, the boys and I went into DC and met ES's co-workers. We then went and saw some of the sites. We went to the Botanical Gardens. C said he didn't realize flowers could be so cool. I thought that was pretty good, because I thought he would complain the whole time we were in there. R said he better get extra credit for going to the Botanical Gardens for his horticulture class.

We also got pictures of the boys in front of the Capital. I was surprised to see the pictures that R took. He got some really good pictures from the National Museum of American Indian. There were some canoes and kayaks, hatchets and knives, beaded dresses, and lots of stuff that I didn't get to see. It may be a good idea to go back and see things again.

When ES got done with work, he came and joined us walking on the mall. We went down to the Washington Monument and then ES and I went down to the World War II memorial. That was really neat. They had some really nice friezes along the walkway. If it hadn't been so windy, I would have spent more time there. My ears got really cold.


Here are three of the men in my life in front of the Washington Monument. I was surprised the boys even let me get some pictures of them. But it was fun.

The next few days are going to be spent doing stuff with the boys and looking at houses. ES and I have an appointment with a realtor on Monday afternoon.

I have been knitting on my toe up Railroad rib socks. One is completely done and the second one is only about two inches away from being complete. It's a good thing I brought more yarn for more socks.

Happy knitting & spinning.

No comments: