Friday, June 6, 2008

Productive Evening

After work today, I spent an hour or so plying the 4 ozs of fiber from Debbie Bass. I really like how the sun was shining on the fiber as I plied it. I ended up with 161 wraps on my niddy noddy which equals 268 yards. Don't know for sure what I will do with this as it is my typical thin spinning. I thought I might use it in some socks, but I don't know. It would also make a really pretty scarf in maybe a feather and fan style.


I have to show the newest finished baby sweater. The colors didn't show up the best here. The yarn is Patons Decor in Autumn Varg. It should look very good on a good looking young master. I was trying to find mustard colored buttons to bring out the mustard color in the yarn. The buttons ended up being a light brown, but I still think it brings out the mustard.

I just realized that the colors on the bobbin are about the same color as this little sweater. Is that telling you anything? Maybe I just like these colors right now.

Hopefully, this weekend I can get some flowers planted in the flower box. I need to get some "curb appeal" for the front of our house. Maybe the rain will hold off long enough.

Happy knitting & spinning.

No comments: