Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Yes, It's Tuesday Orchid Watch


Yes, it is Tuesday and that means it is orchid watch day. If you look at the picture, you'll probably say, "This is the same picture as last week." But really it isn't. The center here is a little whiter than last week's picture. It is fun, for me at least, to watch my plants and see the changes happening to them.

Not much new is happening here. I packed more boxes before work this morning. I finished knitting the shawl that was on my summer knitting list. (I will block it tonight or tomorrow and have pictures for you soon.) I have worked on my SoS 2008 socks and started another pair. Yes, I have startitis right now! I have been digging out all the sock yarn I can find, that hasn't been packed yet, and making a list of what I want to get done before the summer of socks is over. So far, I have found yarn for seven pairs of sock and I'm not done looking yet. I know, ES, I have too many skeins of sock yarn in your opinion.

Tomorrow I get to teach a neighbor how to spin on a drop spindle and wash some wool. She has been a weaver before, but never a spinner. And now she wants to learn how to spin, before I leave the area. I think it will be fun! I'll let you know.

Happy knitting & spinning.

1 comment:

LDSVenus said...

I didn't realize Orchids bloomed so slow!! But they sure are beautiful when they bloom. :) Glad you found some sock yarn, it should help keep you busy :), how long before you move? My avacado plant is growing well. It needs more sun tho than it can get on my porch, I may have to find it a summer home so it will grow better.