Monday, June 2, 2008

Yes, I've Been Spinning


Saturday and yesterday, I spent some time at the spinning wheel. I have just about four ounces spun. There is one full bobbin and about half another bobbin. I bought this fiber at the Snake River Fiber Fair from Debbie Bass. It doesn't have a color name, but I am loving how it is spinning up. There is a little bit of dye coming off when I spin, but I don't think that is a problem. I am anxious to see what it will look like and feel like when I get it plied. Don't know what to do with it yet, but I'm sure something will come to mind.

Life is down to a dull roar now. Still lots of packing to do and this is my last week of full-time employment. Next week I start part-time and that really is kind of scary for me. It just makes it so I really have to get things on the ball for the move. Still so much to do and sometimes no desire to do it.

Happy knitting & spinning.

1 comment:

LDSVenus said...

great looking fiber, the colors will be very cool when you ply. I know what you mean about packing, I'd rather take a beating than have to pack to move ;P. I do my best work when I am mad about something. I find cleaning theraputic then, but not normally any other time ;P.