Friday, January 18, 2008

Beacons


Let me show you a gift I received from ES at Christmas. He said he wasn't going to be there to give me massages, so this is the next best thing. Can I tell you how many times I have sat in this chair with the heat and massage going? This morning was a prime example. Not enough rest and relaxation. Waking up to a tight back made sitting here this morning a priority. It really helped!

This morning I also sat down at the spinning wheel for my 10 to 15 minute spin time. I left the lights off in the living room and watched the airport beacon. It was really cool to watch the reflection in the cloud cover. I thought of how each of us at sometime need our own personal beacon. Showing us the direction we could go for our own selves. I thought of how each of the blogs I read inspire me in some way. Margene's was the first blog I read consistently. I always wanted to see what she was doing. As I've read other blogs, it's interesting to see what people are working on and where they got their inspiration from. I see something and think, "I can do that!"

Now j a r e d has posted about his EZ pi shawl. Even before he posted about it, Lyn has been working on one and I thought I would like to do a pi shawl. Now my beacon is pulling me to do one. I'll keep you posted.

Now I better go get some plying done so I can take some empty bobbins to spinners tomorrow. I'll show you the first skien of the "Dew on the Moab Desert" in Sunday's post.

Happy knitting & spinning.

No comments: