Saturday, January 26, 2008

Best Wishes

Today was spent getting the last minutes items done for the marriage of E & Au. They were married this evening in a short but sweet ceremony. There were lots of members from all sides of the families. Au's family doesn't like E, so we thought there might be fireworks, but everything worked out well. C asked me today what I thought about my oldest child getting married. I told him E was still my first baby and it was hard to think of him now married and ready to start a family of his own. Both E and Au looked very happy and as if they were meant to be together.

As for the Angel Rest socks, that were started at the November sock class--they are finished! Well, I do have to graft the other toe and weave in the ends, but they are close enough to say they are done. I think they turned out very well. They are loose on my foot, but they should fit A-g just right. I like how the design turned out and the color sequences were off very little. They almost match which is a pretty big thing in my book. The socks are knit from a Knit Picks yarn and of course I have lost the ball band, so I can't tell you which sock yarn or the color way.

Now I just need to finish some other projects that just need the finishing touches. Most of them are gifts and should be given to their recipients before too much more time passes.

Welcome to the family Au from all of us!

Happy knitting & spinning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a happy wedding. We wish them joy.

Judy has ordered her Lendrum. Thanks for letting her play on yours. Can't wait till she has one of her own.

-Lyn