Wednesday, January 30, 2008

New Baby Project


I know I have too many WIPs, but I just couldn't resist casting on for Kendra's baby's sweater. The baby is now three weeks old and I only have eight inches of the hood done. Granted, I did start this while waiting for R to get out of surgery Monday. I have been trying to be diligent about working on this sweater daily, even if it is only a row or two. And I feel like I have to hurry with it, because there is a sock class on Saturday and I could easily get side-tracked.

I picked up the pattern for the sock class today. I think it will be fun. It is one of those socks that has buttons up the side. Can't remember the pattern title, but will post it when I have pictures to show of the socks progress. I haven't decided on the yarn yet either. I guess I need to spend some time with the sock yarn to see which, from the stash, would be the best to use. I don't think I need to buy any more sock yarn, but I have some winging it's way here now.

Remember Judy, who was going to try my wheel? Lyn said that Judy has ordered her Lendrum! I hope she will be as happy with her Lendrum as I am with mine. Speaking of wheels, I have been spinning on the Hitchiker. I am on my second eight ounces of Knowlton's dark brown wool roving. Now I just need to do some plying, so I can have some free bobbins.

Happy knitting & spinning.

No comments: