Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Lace Weight

There hasn't been much happening around here in the past couple of days. I did finish plying the roving from SOAR 1996. Here it is completed. There ended up being 4 ozs. which is spun to about a lace weight. I ended up with about 285 yards. I think there is enough to do a some type of lace project. I haven't decided on the pattern, so I am open to suggestions. Anyone have any?


The second finished spinning project is the batts I carded for the fiber exchange in December. I have about an ounce of fiber here and I ended up with about 41 yards. The pictures do not do justice to the yarn. The predominate color is green with some spots of purple and yellow. I like how it turned out. I'm glad I had dyed up more than was actually used, so I can blend some more and get enough for some unknown project.

This is also a dk or lace weight. I have a really hard time spinning a thicker single. Although, the fiber I am spinning from Notlwonk is a thicker single. Maybe because I am spinning it while busy reading and not paying too much attention. There could be an experiment in there somewhere.

I have done some knitting on my UFOs. I am undertaking the heels on the socks from November. If I had more tv interesting enough to watch, I could even get them finished this week. Who knows!

ES has started his new job and so far is enjoying it. He says his place in Fairfax is actually bigger than he thought it would be. Last night he did some rearranging so it feels more comfortable for him. I do miss having him here, though.

Happy knitting & spinning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love all the spun fiber! I have purchased the Fiber Trend's clog pattern too and will be interested to see how yours come out. You are really working through your stash - is now not a good time to ask if you would like to purchase a Columbia fleece from Lau farms?