Wednesday, April 2, 2008

New Sock Yarn

I thought I would let you know, we are home and almost back into our routine. Look what greeted us in the sun-room when we got home on Sunday. The amaryllis has two full open blooms and one bud yet to open. ES says its about on time. The last time the amaryllis bloomed, we had our house fire. That was one year ago today! Hard to believe that much time has gone past already.



I have to show what I picked up from one of the two yarn stores I visited in the DC area. At the first shop, in Chantilly, I picked up some yarn for baby booties and buttons for my button-up socks. I didn't have the socks with me, but the buttons match really, really well. At the second shop, in Manassas, I picked up some of Berroco's new yarn, Custom Sock. I got two different colors: gray and a brown/gray variegated. The mix is 50% super fine nylon and 50% super fine acrylic. Custom Sock is very soft and I think I can get some socks for the men in the family without any complaints of itchiness. The two skeins on the right are Plymouth Yarn company's new "Happy Feet" in color #2. It is 90% superwash Merino wool and 10% nylon. There are 192 yards per skein, so I might have some left over after making a pair of socks. I'm kind of anxious to try the Happy Feet, but it will have to wait until after the silk challenge is completed.

Happy knitting & spinning.

No comments: