Monday, April 7, 2008

Back to "Normal"

There has been a lot of commotion at the house this past week. ES flew back to DC yesterday, M went to her mom's in SLC and A-b went back to his mom's house Saturday. My house is back to the temporary "normal". We will have lots of company this weekend also, so the house has to be cleaned and meals prepared.

I have decided I have to take time to spin. Yesterday, I had such tight knots in my back that I couldn't get rid of them at all. I need my meditative spinning to help keep those knots at bay. I wasn't able to spin at all this past week and that's not going to happen again, if I can help it.

As you have probably figured out by now, I like flowers. This picture is from the botanical gardens in DC. There were so many orchids! I really enjoyed myself there. I think I could spend days in there by myself. I thought about getting an orchid to add to my plant collection, but am afraid that it wouldn't fair too well. I'll just keep looking at them and drool.

Not much is getting done in the knitting field. I did make a hat for ES's niece, but bound it off too tight, so have to take that out to re-do. I am still looking for the pattern for the silk/scarf challenge for the guild. I'll find the perfect one soon I hope, because my fiber is just about all plied and I'm ready to knit with it to see how it will turn out.

Happy knitting & spinning.

No comments: