This weekend has been fairly productive. I finished spinning the green and yellow fiber which I dyed up about six months ago. I then plied it into a two ply yarn, with a couple of yards of Navajo ply because of the differences in the fibers on each bobbin. I think I will make the Forest Canopy Shawl with this. I think the colors will work very nicely with the pattern. I have 581 yards which should be plenty.
The other project for the weekend is the continuation of the silk challenge. But, it is taking a while to do each repeat, so I thought I would start something new. I started a baby sweater for the new baby. It is going into a grab bag for the kids when the baby comes. I am making it with one strand of Opal and a strand of baby yarn that has been sitting in the stash for quite some time. I like how it is coming out and think it will look good on a wee little baby boy.
I am trying to come up with projects to knit which will use up some of the stash yarn and handspun yarns hanging out in the bins. With the magazines I bought last week, I have a number of things in the ever growing list of things to make now.
Hapy knitting & spinning.