Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Guilt Knitting


Not much is going on around here. I am steadily working on my silk challenge project. I really like how it is turning out. I've showed it to a couple of my non-fiber friends and they really like it also. I'll be glad when it is done and ready for show.

This is the first full bobbin of the "Confetti" yarn. It is spinning up very quickly which is a good thing, seeing as how I have two pounds of this fiber. There is more color in it than I thought would show up, but I think I will like it when I have it all spun and plied.

Sometimes I find myself sticking to one project and then other times there is a lot going on. I now have two spinning projects and two knitting projects. The spinning project which isn't using the "Confetti" is almost finished, probably about two hours and it will be complete. The easy knitting, the hat, is languishing on the bed with all my "stuff". Poor hat. Maybe I should just hurry up and finish it, then ship it out of here. Then again, maybe not. I like the silk knitting a lot better and it's actually going really fast.


I'll leave you with pretty orchids from the Botanical Gardens in DC. I'm glad I will be able to visit the gardens again in just a few short months. This could be my new favorite place.

Happy knitting & spinning.

No comments: